On SD7, Mr. J and i went to clinic for TVS to monitor the follicles growth after two 150 ui injection of foliculin, urofollitropin-type of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). The result is as expected, the folicles are growing slow due to my poor response to foliculin. Left ovary had estimated two of 11mm and five of <10mm, while right side even worse, four of <10mm. I started to worry if they going to abandon this cycle.
After waiting for an hour to let Dr S discussed with Dr N (infertility head), they decided to go ahead by increasing the dose of foliculin to 225 ui. Along with foliculin, i was given orgalutran to inject for the following days until the day of egg retrieval. They still estimate to do egg-retrieval after two days on SD12. Then, i wasted another 1 hour for making payment with total RM850 for extra injection meds, retrieved the meds at the pharmacy and met with anesthesiologist for some agreements. Despite they proceeded, i wasn’t very hopeful that my follicles can be matured in two days. That sounds too unrealistic.
TVS on SD9 proven my instinct was F accurate. Today is Chinese New Year and if you know how elders restrict us to go to hospital on the 1st day of festival. Anyway, i don’t care, i desperately need to get pregnant. I don’t know how the right ovary came out with two dominant follicles which are 15mm and 16mm, and 6 of <10mm. Left ovary have two unprogressive 11mm as previous scan and 7 of <10. The moment i was informed of overall uneven and slow progressive follicles growth, i knew they will speak something undesired. After 10 minutes, they told me to abandon this IVF, shifted to IUI. God knows how unwilling and heart-breaking i was to accept the fact that, i am unlikely to pregnant in Jan 2017. I had two failed IUIs, i know Mr J’s sperms are not fast-swimmers, feel so hopeless.
However, i nodded with their decision. Well, my tummy has suffered so many injections and it’s not the right time to stop. I will finish the cycle no matter how. An increase of 5% pregnancy rate is better than nothing. So, i will be waived for the RM850, in case i needed to start 2nd IVF.
I need to rant over.
This is the problem of GH. when a patient is handled by different Drs, none of them seems to be clear of one’s medical history. In addition, no one willing to take patient’s opinion into consideration, which is the main reason i am getting so emotionally break down and very angry with them. If they willing to take in my reminder of foliculin-unresponsive, they would have change the injection to either Gonal-F or Puregon. Then, i wouldn’t have waste my time and my previous Once-a-Year holidays to visit my grandma and relatives in KL. I was left alone at home but it’s my choice, despite Mr J wished that i can come along. But i can’t as i have another TVS in two more days. So, bye honey and see you in three days.
Happy Chinese New Year everyone, though mine is an unhappy one. 😦